Wednesday, 7 March 2007




1G has been looking at the letter 'e'. Did you know 'e' makes a long sound and a short sound. The word eagle has a long e. The word egg has a short e. Look at the ENORMOUS list of 'e' words we thought of. Can you work out whether each word has a long 'e' or a short 'e' sound at the beginning.


1.egg 2.ear 3.elephant 4.evil 5.eight 6.eye 7.Ella 8.enchanted 9.Eddie 10.eat 11.Edward 12.Ekka 13.echo 14.Ellie 15.Emily 16.Emily 17.Ed 18.eggcup 19.easy 20.England 21.echidna 22.even 23.eagle 24.Egypt 25.emu 26.elf 27.Eden 28.eel 29.electric 30.Eskimo 31.envelope 32.eleven 33.Elmer 34.Elbow 35.End 36.Elmo 37.elevator 38.escalator 39.each 40. enormous
1G you are Extraordinary Word Wizards!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone energetically agrees that the letter 'E" is excellent, exciting and energetic!
We love "E"
Noah and his mum

Anonymous said...

Grace and I found some "e" words
We are coming up to Easter and we will enjoy the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Elephant is my favourite 'e' word!!

From isabella 1G

Anonymous said...

Easter eggs starts with 'e'. I really like easter eggs.
From Paddy t 1G

Anonymous said...

I love the wizard on the 'e' words. I'm having lots of fun in grade one.

From Lara 1G

Anonymous said...

I looked at a tiger and inside it's mouth was a big dinasour!
It was so big I jumped inside!
From James 1G

Anonymous said...

I love the 'e' words! Here are some more - 'extra' 'empty' 'Emerald'
From Riley 1G

Anonymous said...

It was fun doing the 'e' words. I like putting my hand up guessing words.
From Claire

Anonymous said...

The wizard looks like he has lots of spells and the wizards has lots of shoes.
From Jack 1G